home | places index | accommodation | art | beach guide | events | food | geography
history | itineraries | living here | map | nature | resources | slide show
useful info | wine | site index | postcards | newsletter
| buy the book

Marche Voyager Useful Information | Pages from money to health


getting to le marche | getting around in le marche | driving in italy
holidays & clothing | documents & medical | money, post & telephones

Citizens of the non-Schengen Treaty EU countries, the USA, and numerous other countries only require a valid passport for visits not exceeding three months. If in doubt consult your travel agent or your nearest Italian consulate.

Medical and Travel Insurance
In the event of serious illness or injury, head for the 24-hour casualty department ( pronto soccorso or punto di primo intervento) at any hospital. Pharmacies (farmacista) keep normal shop hours and can be spotted by a green cross outside; they operate an emergency 24-hour service on a rotating shift basis, details of which are displayed in the window. Dental treatment is of a high standard but can be costly.

EU residents should carry a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) entitling them to reciprocal health care in other EU states.

Other nationals are strongly advised to get medical and travel insurance before they leave.

<- holidays & clothing

money, post & telephones ->


© le-marche.com